Grow your marketing team, alleviate workload, and future-proof your team with marketing apprenticeships
If you are:
- Overloaded with work;
- Struggling with time;
- Looking to grow your marketing team;
- Looking to maximise your recruitment budget;
- Seeking fixed-term contractual members of staff;
- Aspiring to build a team from the ground up;
- Looking to take advantage of government-funded training initiatives;
- Striving to get a competitive edge over your competitors;
- Pushing to bring fresh talent and perspectives into the business.
Then we’re happy to say, apprenticeships can solve all of the above.
How hiring a marketing apprentice works
The process is designed to make things as simple for you as possible. It aims to provide you with the most suitable candidates for your role and requirements whilst ensuring the successful completion of the chosen course. We have articles on the associated costs and process of preparing on our blog.
This is a pivotal phase in the process. We’ll engage with you to grasp your motivations for hiring an apprentice, your role requirements, and learner expectations. Our team will guide you in selecting the perfect course for your vacancy at this stage.
By gaining a clear understanding of your needs, we can then locate the ideal learner for your role and organisation. This process includes assessing existing candidates and actively attracting new applications. Typically, you can expect to receive 3 to 5 profiles from us.
Once you find a candidate that you like it’s simply a case of offering them the job and working with us to complete the pre-requisite contracts and reviews including funding, health and safety, and safeguarding, etc.
We make the signup process quick and easy with just two quick enrollment sessions. Everything is set up and completed using our enrollment portal.
Throughout the apprenticeship, your committed Coach will engage in monthly remote 1-2-1 sessions, quarterly progress reviews, and interactive group sessions, fostering learning and collaboration with fellow apprentices. Typically you can anticipate 12 to 18 touch-points with your Coach, with flexibility for additional sessions if needed.
Your dedicated Coach will stand by you throughout the apprenticeship, providing essential support through the Gateway and End-Point Assessment (EPA) phases. This ensures your learner’s optimal readiness and performance as they reach the completion stage of their course.
Here’s how other Training Providers operate:
Firstly, they often choose the path of least resistance due to their tendency to manage numerous programs, complex organisational structures, and inadequate systems and processes. This approach generally involves:
- Conducting standardised training sessions for all learners.
- Imposing lengthy and disruptive training block requirements.
- Providing minimal Coach support.
- Offering little to no individualised support tailored to your or your learner’s specific needs.
- Offering limited support and preparation for the End-Point Assessment.
Here’s The Marketing Trainer’s distinctive approach:
Our approach is crafted to equip your learner with the necessary tools to not only achieve their qualification but also to address the specific objectives that led you to bring them into your organisation. This approach encompasses:
- Providing remote delivery in shorter, less disruptive intervals.
- Offering value-added courses on digital and offline marketing techniques and tools.
- Embedding professionally recognised qualifications at no extra cost.
- Collaborating with vetted and experienced coaches who provide individualised support.
- Furnishing a complimentary recruitment service and comprehensive onboarding guidance.
The Marketing Trainer approach
We excel in remote apprenticeships and digital skills, emphasising minimal workplace disruption through weekly remote training modules. Learners contribute to Off-The-Job training with these modules, backed by expert coaches who lead small-group focus sessions for testing and improvement. Our unrivaled digital training proficiency and pioneering 100% remote marketing apprenticeships, complete with professionally recognized qualifications, set us apart.
While we strongly advocate for the power of technology, we acknowledge the indispensable role of human interaction in teaching technical skills. Hence, our apprentices benefit from personalised coaching and unwavering support from their dedicated Marketing Coach. These coaches craft tailor-made support sessions at every stage of the apprenticeship, nurturing your learner’s development. As an employer, you too will receive personalised support to harness the full potential of apprenticeships and propel your learners toward success.
We work with the CIM to embed and deliver their qualifications into our apprenticeship standards such as Digital Marketer and Marketing Executive. This means you and your learner benefit from industry-backed knowledge and skills that can be brought to the table. And the best part about it is it won’t cost you a penny.
Why not read about all of this in your own time?
Sign up for our free 50+ page e-book on apprenticeships. It contains everything you’ll need to know about apprenticeships. Simply fill in the form below and we’ll send you a copy via email. Don’t worry, we won’t sign you up for any needless email marketing, just the book.
How you can benefit from marketing apprentices?
Hiring an apprentice can be a cost-effective way to bring fresh talent into your marketing team. Apprentices are typically paid less than experienced marketers, making it an affordable option for small businesses and startups.
As an employer, you can customise your apprentice’s training to your specific business needs. This ensures that your apprentice learns the skills that are most important to your business and that they are able to apply them directly to your marketing strategy.
Apprenticeships help to develop new talent that can contribute to your business’s growth. By having an apprentice on board, you can increase productivity and save time which allows your experienced team members to focus on more complex projects.
Apprentices bring a fresh perspective to your business. Apprentices often have different backgrounds and skill sets, which can lead to new ideas and approaches that may not have been considered otherwise. This can help to keep your marketing strategy current and innovative.
Embedded professional accreditations
As part of several of our apprenticeships, we embed level 3 or 4 CIM accreditations into our curriculums. To find out more about these accreditations, visit CIM (Chartered Institute of Marketers). The benefits of your learners holding a CIM include:
- Industry recognition means your business is associated with quality;
- Enhanced skills that they can bring to the table;
- Networking opportunities your learners can network with other recognised professionals.
How much does it cost?
Funding apprenticeships can go one of two ways, either through Co-Investment or Levy Contributions.
(Payroll bill over £3m)
The Apprenticeship Levy is a payroll tax on large employers, which is used to fund apprenticeship training. Employers with an annual wage bill over £3 million contribute 0.5% of their payroll into the levy pot. If you are one of these businesses, you can then use these funds, plus a government top-up, to cover the costs of training apprentices within your organisation.
(Payroll bill under £3m)
Co-investment refers to the funding arrangement for smaller employers who are not subject to the Apprenticeship Levy. These employers share the cost of apprenticeship training with the UK government. The employer pays 5% of the training costs, and the government covers the remaining 95%. This co-investment model enables a wider range of businesses to access apprenticeship programs.
(Payroll bill over £3m)
If your organisation already pays the 0.5% levy, you’ll need to take advantage of these funds before they expire. Instead of losing thousands of pounds, why not use this money to grow your marketing team or upskill an existing member of staff? There could be thousands of pounds sitting there waiting to be utilised. Check your organisation’s digital account to see how much is available that could be allocated toward apprenticeships.
(Payroll bill under £3m)
If you’re not a Levy payer, you’ll share the costs of the Apprenticeship and End Point Assessment (EPA) with the Government. This is called Co-Investment. Effectively, the Government funds 95% of the apprenticeship costs and you’d only be responsible for paying the remaining 5%.
Download our employer prospectus
Why not download our prospectus and read through all of this at your leisure? It contains all of the information about our courses, CIM accreditations, funding, and much more.
Let’s grow your marketing team and build a brighter future for your business
Get in contact with one of our team to find out more and discover how your business can grow through apprenticeships!
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us on: 03301 338666
Follow us on socials: